Carpet Bowls – summer availability
At the June Executive meeting it was voted to introduce availability of one Carpet bowls mat, during the Summer season, on a trial basis, after which we will assess the situation.
It is planned to make one Carpet Bowls Mat available on the following basis:
1) Mat will be available from lunch time Tuesday (after working party have departed) and all day Wednesday. It will be placed in the normal location adjacent to the back wall of the clubhouse.
2) If the club or green is in use for any scheduled County functions or competitions, Ladies or Men’s League games, touring or scheduled friendlies, then the Carpet Bowls mat should NOT be used, and may need to be stowed, depending on the numbers expected. This restriction does not apply to individual rink use for a County or club competition but carpet bowlers should be aware of any external event taking place and endeavour not to disrupt proceedings.
3) If any bowlers require access to the notice board whilst Carpet bowls are taking place, then a brief pause in play is requested.
4) All members should routinely avoid walking on the Carpet bowls Mat whenever possible and ensure the soles of their footwear is clean.
5) All indoor play must adhere to any Covid restrictions in place at the time.
It is hoped that a suitable covering will be available to place over the carpet when not in use, and the club is also investigating the possibility of a stowage reel as used for short-mat storage.
Chris Johns – Secretary